Sunday, March 19, 2006

Magical Vinnie Kickers? Or Not.

Today was not a magical day for the Vinnie Kickers of Arsenal Street in St. Louis. Although the entire MVK squad was in attendance, having 20 people only did so much. Really, we played a lot better than last week overall. Although we are still 0-4, our last game was really close and we almost won. In fact, we were winning, the entire game, until at 2:00 (when time should have been called), we fell apart and allowed four runs to score, including the tying and go-ahead runs. It was the most evenly matched game we've played, and I'm really proud of how much our team has improved since last week. However, the cold weather, the injuries and sore legs, and our lousy losing record make it hard to stay completely positive. I'm not as bummed or upset as others are, because I see the improvement and because we CAN only get better. But I know everyone was disappointed, including me. I'm just glad the games were early because it definitely got colder by the time our second game ended. Lucky for me, hot cocoa and curling up under a warm blanket for some college basketball this afternoon is all I have to do today. Maybe next Sunday will be a little bit more magical for the Magical Vinnie Kickers.

No comments: