Monday, January 18, 2010

Language of Letting Go

There's a great book by Melodie Beattie called The Language of Letting Go which is a series of daily meditations for those who have been in recovery, or who, like me, are familiar with recovery from substance abuse/dependence. The meditations cover a number of topics including anger, fear, detachment, family issues, confidence, self-love, and more. Like any daily meditation, sometimes one fits for the day and sometimes it doesn't.

While it is not on the list of "conference-approved" AA or Al-Anon literature, I've found some of the reflections to be more personal, more heartfelt, and more applicable to me than other daily reading books I've found. Occasionally I'll probably share some thoughts and insights from the book, but for now I just wanted to put it out there as a resource for people who are interested in daily reflections. Even if you are not or do not have affiliation with addiction (or anyone with one), there are still great reads for ALL of us... because we all share many of the same character defects and need the same inspiration and reminders.

No comments: